[TextMate] monaco font readability

kumar mcmillan kmcmillan at leapfrogonline.com
Wed Oct 13 18:26:30 UTC 2004

I am not sure if I should put this in as a feature request...

There is a very very nice feature (or possibly quirk?) to the text
library that SubEthaEdit and BBEdit are built on.  When you adjust the
font size for Monaco down to "9" then it loses its fuzziness and
"snaps" into pixel-perfect, fixed-width readability.  I don't know why
this happens but TextMate doesn't do it.  If I turn font smoothing off
for size 9 and lower, TextMate makes Monaco pixelated and crisper, but
it does not look fixed-width (i.e. it's slightly squished together for
some letters and not very easy to read).

I know this seems trivial, but staring at code all day is hard enough
on the eyes as it is, yet the SubEtha/BBEdit font rendering is much
more scannable.

Any ideas of settings adjustments I can try?

thanks, kumar