[TextMate] Feature Request

Luc Heinrich lucsky at mac.com
Tue Oct 12 12:54:36 UTC 2004

On 12 oct. 2004, at 14:00, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> And as said, the 'file' command can only give image dimensions for PNG
> and GIF pictures.  It may be possible to query apple script actually,
> but startup time for AS is poor IMHO.

Use SIPS then. SIPS [1] is the "Scriptable Image Processing Server" and
can be accessed through AppleScript AND the 'sips' command line tool.

For example, to query an image for its width and height, just do:
sips -g pixelWidth -g pixelHeight the_image

To get help:
sips -h

To know all available properties:
sips -H

Note: I think that SIPS is only available on 10.3.

[1] http://www.apple.com/applescript/imageevents/

--
Luc Heinrich - lucsky at mac.com - http://www.honk-honk.com