[TextMate] Delay when switching to TextMate

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sun Oct 10 03:06:57 UTC 2004

On 10. Oct 2004, at 0:52, Carl-Johan Kihlbom wrote:

> I'm experiencing a very annoying (and productivity destroying) delay
> everytime I switch to TextMate from another application. This happens
> when I have about 2 windows with ~30 files in each drawer. Only 2-3
> open files in each window though.

When re-activating TextMate it checks if contents of folder references
have been changed -- this should be relatively quick, but I've heard
some mention that it ain't on their network mounted drives.

I'll try to improve this in the future, like using kqueue or
lazy-checking. Also, the current version has some integrity-checking
code which can be removed, this may also help.

Kind regards Allan