[TextMate] Window mockups update

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Oct 9 13:36:29 UTC 2004

On 9. Oct 2004, at 12:51, Luc Heinrich wrote:

> I think it looks better than the bottom status bar, and it leaves room
> (which was a valid concern) for possible additions, popups, buttons,
> whatever.

Certainly! I didn't like the bottom status bar you initially did (but I
really like the other things you've done!), And I do seem to recall
that somewhere in AHIG it says, that using the scroll bars for info
(which had a special gadget in Classic) should be avoided when
possible.

> Thoughts ?

I really like it! I hope to incorporate all your visual changes in
1.0.2 (1.0.1 will mostly be bug fixes and behavior fixes).

> PS: question for the list moderators: what is the preferred method to
> post screenshots on the list ? Attached pictures have to go through
> moderator approval, which is obvious, so do you prefer URLs for
> example ?

For me it's most convenient to receive the mockups as inline images,
but I don't know if the other list members like this, mostly it's a
question of what bandwidth people have.   Normally I think it's frowned
upon to send large attachments to mailing lists.  But OTOH we all love
to look at nice images ;)

Though David is currently setting up a wiki, I think then we should
move much of this to the wiki (but then you'll have to host the images
on your own site).

Kind regards Allan