[TextMate] On folding.

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Oct 9 13:19:35 UTC 2004

On 9. Oct 2004, at 12:09, Hans Petter Eikemo wrote:

> First, the folding column needs to be rightmost in the gutter,
> next to the text. Currently, when line numbering is active,
> matching folding widget with line is harder than it could be.

Okay, I've swapped them. But I think then we need some sort of visual
separation between the columns (like you're also showing on your
picture).

> Second, the present top and bottom widget icons are too
> similar, making it hard to read a structure overview off the
> document. It´s primary function is to show start or end of
> the block, thus arrow direction must be the most visible
> feature.

I liked Simon's idea about the traffic light coloring. But if anyone
has suggestion for different shapes, which still look symmetric, I'm
listening!

> In addition i suggest a highlighting feature, allowing us to close
> a fold(?) by clicking anywhere on a line between between
> folding icons. A mouse over effect shows what parts will be affected.

This sounds like a good idea, it's noted!

> (note in the image I am experimenting with a x-code style top-bar as
> well ;)

It's really cool to see you guys do these mockups!

Kind regards Allan