[TextMate] TM and hard links

Ollivier Robert roberto+textmate at keltia.freenix.fr
Fri Oct 8 20:14:13 UTC 2004

Hi Allan,

I've hit something that bother me a lot since I use Arch/tla[1] as version
control software.  It has a feature where files are shared through hard links
in a revision library meaning that if across several changesets, a given file
doesn't change, it is stored only one time.

That requires that the editor one use to edit the file break hard links on
Save (i.e. creating the new file and renaming instead of save in-place). Emacs
does that by default and vim can be tweaked to do it too. I don't know what
BBEdit does because I've never used it outside the demo mode.

I've already bought TM because I think it is a great editor but to be able to
use it for all my developements, I need TM to behave like the above.  The
default behaviour is breaking all revisions stored in the library :(

Thoughts, comments?
-----
[1] http://gnuarch.org/
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
Darwin snuadh.freenix.org Kernel Version 7.5.0: Wed May 12 16:58:24 PDT 2004