[TextMate] Yank not working

Thaddeus J. Quintin thaddeus at dm1.com
Thu Oct 7 14:06:06 UTC 2004

I just downloaded TextMate and am pretty happy with it.  Since it is a
Cocoa app, all of the standard MacOSX key bindings come with it!  I've
used emacs as a text editor for years and can't break away from the
basic editing commands.

I created my own TextMate keybinding file, as noted in the help section,
and resolved an issue with '^f' not being bound to 'move cursor
forward'.  The only other thing that I can't seem to figure out is '^y'.
  When used with '^k' I should be able to 'kill' to the end of a line,
then 'yank' that text out of the kill ring.  It's a quick and dirty
cut-and-paste option that's very much ingrained.  I can't find any key
bindings that override this behavior, but it doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

Thaddeus