[TextMate] Re: Why there is no preferences window (was: Preferences window)

Johan Sörensen johans at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 09:26:20 UTC 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:05:15 +0200, Allan Odgaard <allan at macromates.com> wrote:
> A preferences window is unavoidable in the long term, I'm not religious
> about it, and I wouldn't add arbitrary options to the menus!

Thats good enough for me, for a moment there I was under the
impression that it was some crusade, so good to hear it's not :)

> And "keep on adding more and more", I really do not think TextMate
> stands out with huge unstructured menus. I'm currently in Mail.app, I
> see it has 17 items in its View menu, 5 of them are submenus.
>
> But I would love to receive constructive criticism on the subject e.g.
> in the form of mockups.

I've only made one change to to nib file, and that's moving the "Show
Fonts" to "Show status bar" down to the bottom (see attached
screenshot), like I said, I pretty much haven't changed them since I
started using TM so I just wanted them a bit more out of the way.
Works for me, I'm happy.

--
Johan Sørensen
Professional Futurist