[TextMate] Snippet, Command, Macro and Language Suggestions

Justin French justin.french at indent.com.au
Thu Oct 7 05:34:42 UTC 2004

Hi all,

There were a couple of bugs in the Snippets, Commands, Macros and
Languages bundled with 1.0 (What can I say, I was in a rush!).

I'd like to use this thread to document any problems you've encountered
or suggestions you have specifically in regards to the Bundles.
Please, no feature requests, or anything related to the general TM
application.

Here's what I have so far:

Snippets:
- br and hr snippets are redundant (use "Make HTML Tag 2" command
instead)
- meta snippet didn't have any placeholders
- PHP function snippet didn't have a placeholder for the function name
- The three PHP tag openers are a little much... will make one
redundant, and people can customise top suit their own preferences

Languages:
- swapped SCRIPT and STYLE patterns around the wrong way in HTML.plist

Macros:
- nothing yet

Commands:
- rename "Reload in Safari" to "Refresh Safari", since that's all it
does
- add a php.net manual look-up command for the current word

I'd appreciate any suggestions for more snippets, macros and commands
to add to the default set.  Please keep them all in this thread, so
it's easy for me to keep track of what's going on.  Anything that can
help people speed up their productivity or solve repetitive or boring
tasks is a great candidate.

Justin French