[TextMate] Re: Reload in Safari and other UAs

Justin French justin.french at indent.com.au
Thu Oct 7 03:40:37 UTC 2004

On 07/10/2004, at 1:32 PM, timothy martens wrote:

> On Oct 6, 2004, at 3:24 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>
>> On 6. Oct 2004, at 12:17, timothy martens wrote:
>>
>>> 1. Preview in Browsers with the ability to add/remove browsers. I
>>> love the built in Safari engine live preview, but can we harness
>>> other User Agents' rendering engines as well?
>>
>> You can open the current page in a browser using the Commands.
>> There's already one that assigns command-r to activate and refresh
>> Safari.
>
> This is not working for me. When I do CMD+R ()reload in Safari) --
> Safari launches/opens my default home page not the document in
> Textmate I'd like to preview? Does the script need to be modified?
> Anyone?

It's a _refresh_ of the current Safari window.  Here's what I do.

1. Open a project in TextMate, and work on the file I need (eg
eventsController.php)
2. Open Safari, and navigate to the interface/controller I'm working on
(eg http://apo.localhost/events/list/)
3. Edit in TextMate, press Command-R to check my changes in Safari.

I think you're assuming that the command takes notice of what file
you're editing in TM, and opens it in Safari.  It doesn't.  It was
designed to help web app developers (running Apache, PHP, Ruby, etc) a
quick way to test their code edits over a server, rather than a local
file.

For simple previews of raw HTML (without server-side code), TM has a
built-in HTML preview, which uses the Safari engine.  Window > Show Web
Preview.

Justin French