[TextMate] Preferences window (was ProFont)

Sune Foldager cryo at diku.dk
Wed Oct 6 23:35:01 UTC 2004

On 7/10-2004, at 1:32, Drew McLellan wrote:
> I needed to change a setting. App menu > Preferences was the *first*
> place I looked, because the convention is that that's where settings
> are kept. I didn't look through the menus - why would I? That's not
> where you set preferences.

What is preferences? Is overwrite mode? Is column-mode for selection? I
think some people here are taking a much too traditional approach to
it. Right now, I don't see any reason for having that window, except to
make things slower. You only make the mistake of looking for the prefs
window ONCE. You can now quicker change settings with hotkeys etc. MANY
times in the future.

> Yes, it annoyed me. It doesn't take much to knock a user off his
> stride.

I'm sorry to hear that.

--
Sune.
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"