[TextMate] Preferences window (was ProFont)

Sune Foldager cryo at diku.dk
Wed Oct 6 23:18:39 UTC 2004

On 7/10-2004, at 0:50, Drew McLellan wrote:

> Sune Foldager wrote:
>
>> That's good :-). Actually, the preferences menu is missing on purpose.
>
> Can I place a vote for following Mac OS UI convention where possible?
> I fully applaud the philosophy behind no prefs window, but as a user I
> spent my first few minutes using TextMate frustratedly hunting for the
> prefs.

Why? Did you need to change some setting you couldn't find anywhere?
Why is looking through the relevant menu (view for view-related,
behavior for most edit-related etc.) so big a problem?  I don't see
that it is.   IMHO of course.

> App menu > Preferences is a convention that 99% of users will be
> familiar with. 99% is a lot of people to annoy, no matter how good
> your underlying philosophy.

So you think that people will actually be _annoyed_ by this?...  I
should hope it takes more to annoy people... the advantage of this is
that there are hot keys for most things that you then can change
quickly, without venturing into a prefs window.

--
Sune.
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"