[TextMate] Re: HTML, auto-complete and snippets

Hans Petter Eikemo hpeikemo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 21:44:41 UTC 2004

So what we´d need is a dtd interpreter?
Implementing bbedit cmd-m style inserting should be fairly easy
to implement given two new features in the Commands implementation;

1. "TM_CURRENT_BLOCK"  environment variable. (TextMate must know this
already to handle folding.)

and

2. "Select value from list, and insert at caret" Standard output, for commands.

this way, using Commands, we can pass '<div>', '<ul id="menu">','div'
or whatever from my hypothetical TM_CURRENT_BLOCK variable to an
external script and make that return newline separated valid tags for
that context.

"Select value from list.." output would then present the result in a
list, and allow you to insert your choice at the caret.

This said, what i´d REALLY love would be a SketchUp style ruby API for
extending the editor. (http://sketchup.com/forum/list.php?f=6)

hp.