[TextMate] sftp/ftp-support and external clients

Noel D.Jackson noel at noeljackson.com
Wed Oct 6 18:43:43 UTC 2004

> SFTP support is planned for version 1.1. And unlike most editors that
> merely integrate with Transmit or other existing programs, the plan is
> to have support from within TextMate.

> There's no immediate plans to support the regular, unsecure version of
> FTP. But it all depends on what the community around TextMate is most
> interested in.

I think that above SFTP, FTP is a necessity. Unless you use TextDrive
for EVERYTHING, which some of us just can't (clients don't all have a
super webhost), we need support for both.

Likewise, a built in FTP client is cool, but I want this editor to work
just as well with Transmit and YummyFTP and Interarchy as BBEdit did.
In fact, if it doesn't, I'm back to working with BBEdit, even though as
it stands I still have to (for editing files ON the server).

A bunch of small programs working well together is better than one app
that does it all.

-Noel

noel at noeljackson.com
http://noeljackson.com