[TextMate] Re: HTML, auto-complete and snippets

Sune Foldager cryo at diku.dk
Wed Oct 6 18:16:27 UTC 2004

On 6/10-2004, at 20:00, Lucas K. Mathis wrote:

> On 6.10.2004, space aliens observed Nick Hristov saying:
>>> 6. Context sensitive code completion that is included in skedit and
>>> DW (XHTML/CSS are most importnat to me).
>> In my opinion that is a bad idea. This will bloat the editor. XHTML
>> and CSS are not all that hard to learn, and you can quickly learn by
>> heart the properties.
>
> Two thoughts:
>
> 2) I for one can never remember all the different versions of (X)HTML
>    and how you're allowed to nest tags in each version and what tags
>    have which attributes and so on.

I think the best practice is to just write HTML like it was XHTML
strict.. or at least transitional. That is, always end your tags,
always end non-dual tags with /> and so on. I think making TM into an
editor which manages all the standards for you is a mistake. There is
the w3.org site for checking the standards, and I think it's best if
the person knows about it, not the program.

--
Sune.
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"