[TextMate] Re: ftp-support

Nick Hristov hrisnik at iit.edu
Wed Oct 6 18:07:59 UTC 2004

My previous email seemed to have caused a bit of confusion, so I am
sending this to the whole list.

My statement that you can use the Finder to do the FTP work for you was
incorrect. As many of you pointed out to me, the Finder has only read
only access to remote files (regardless of the remote permissions).

This being said, there may be a way for the end user to "emulate" an
FTP mount, through the command menu in TextMate. You will have to
download the ncftp unix package first, though (or, something like the
following could do).

Command->Edit Menu
[hit plus]

set standard input to None
set standard output to "Show in a seperate window"
set before running command "Save active files in project"
set commands to :

ftp <<EOT
prompt off
open ftp://username:password@[PLACE YOUR SITE HERE]
cd [TARGET DIRECTORY]
mput "$TM_FILEPATH"/*
close
EOT

Unfortunately, I cannot test this right now. With ncftp package its
simpler (by using ncftpcopy). More later.

Nick