[TextMate] Comparison with SubEthaEdit

Andrew Green andrew at article7.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 13:13:30 UTC 2004

Hi,

Many congratulations on the release.  TextMate is truly impressive
stuff.

I certainly wouldn't want to start any holy wars already, but I've
written a small comparison of TextMate and my current daily editor,
SubEthaEdit, that might be of passing interest.

<URL:http://www.lowerelement.com/Geekery/Mac_OS_X/TextMate_vs_SubEthaEdit.html>

As others have already observed, for programmers, an editor is the one
piece of software in near-constant use, and deciding to switch to a new
editor is a big, very personal, deal.  I never could appreciate BBEdit
in the way that many others do -- for me, TextMate is already streets
ahead of BBEdit in terms of comfort.  There are things about
SubEthaEdit I'd sincerely miss, however, despite the excellent
additional features offered by TextMate.  The 30-day trial (and what I
suspect will be a fairly aggressive release schedule of improvements)
are very welcome in making that decision.

Cheers,
Andrew.
--
                   ::