[TextMate] ftp-support

Tomas Jogin tomasj at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 11:55:58 UTC 2004

Hi

First of all, TextMate is great work. I only had to try it out for a
few seconds and it was instantly obvious to me that TextMate just
_feels_ great to use. It's powerful yet doesn't feel clunky or
bloated, unlike some other editors which shall not be named.

The only thing missing for me to be able to use it in my day-to-day
work is the possibility to have projects synchronize with an
ftp-server. I'm a web developer, and most of the time I work against a
remote ftp-server (not always, but quite often).

The only editor I've found that does this in a simple fashion is
Dreamweaver MX, which, while not terrible as a code editor, it isn't
exactly optimal either.

I hope ftp-support is added soon, not just being able to edit a remote
file, but actually being able to associate a project with an ftp
account. Because, then I'd have no reason to use Dreamweaver MX again,
instead of using it all the damn time.

Best regards,
Tomas Jogin, Sweden
http://jogin.com/weblog/