[TxMt] Feature request: Improve syntax highlighting by using stylesheets

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Nov 26 13:16:04 UTC 2004

On Nov 26, 2004, at 12:50, Ralph Pöllath wrote:

> I do like TM's syntax highlighting a lot, but I think it's annoying
> having to tweak their color schemes to my liking all the time. I think
> the parser bundles should tell TM the kind of a piece of text
> (comment, reserved word, string, etc) instead of font style
> information, and TM should give me a way to apply a custom stylesheet
> to all that info.

Already planned:
    http://one.textdrive.com/pipermail/textmate/2004-November/001455.html

I'm doing one or two more 1.0.2 beta versions and then I'm starting 1.1
and putting all the minor stuff on hold.

I may send a list of what 1.1 will be about or perhaps use the wiki for
a more public to-do (not decided on this yet -- I don't mind an open
process).

This also means that if you have something that frustrates you _a lot_
with the current versions and you think it's easy to fix, you may want
to mention it -- but if it's already been mentioned a few times,
chances are that it's postponed because it's not a minor thing, or
it'll automatically be done in the 1.1 overhaul.