[TxMt] Textmate Icon proposal - How About a Competition?

Timothy Martens timfm at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Nov 25 09:52:45 UTC 2004

On Nov 24, 2004, at 2:41 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On Nov 24, 2004, at 23:24, jheyer wrote:
>
>> I'm no icon designer but how about something simple like the attached
>> .jpg?
>
> I don't know if I'm allowed to say so, but justin did a mockup of a
> single key with a gear on it (as the glyph). And I do like the
> symbolic value of this (i.e. key = type text, gear = automation).

I like this concept. I had been thinking about a single key in some
form or another for a while now. I also think the SubEthaEdit icon is
brilliant. Perhaps we could leverage that concept -- except have one
person (or robot?), instead of three, manipulating the pencil.

Drew -- thanks for the icon color study. Good stuff! But I'm not sure
if it's a logical conclusion to base the icon's palette on colors which
have yet to have been used by other apps. I think one must take into
consideration the psychology of color beforehand.