[TxMt] Italics in syntax bundles

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Wed Nov 24 09:27:10 UTC 2004

On 24-11-2004 01:11, Emil Eriksson wrote:
> What I'd really like to see is a consistent background color. Or rather
> consistent colors and styles. It doesn't really matter very much which
> styles or colors as long as they're consistent between syntax files.
> Though I would prefer white background and just colors (no bolds,
> underlines or italics).

Quoting the wishlist on the wiki:
	Global For/Background Color Setting By Jeroen van der Ham:

Your opinion and mine is not very far apart ;)

> Perhaps me and Jeroen should just have a shoot-out over this matter
> since it seems to me as he has the same opinion as me, though his is
> negated. ;)

If you look at my first email I said that I did not want all the
decorations in text if it is not really functional. But as Alan pointed
out: people who have low color perception don't have much use of
different colors and need the decorations to really tell things apart.
I think he has a point there, but I'm also thinking that this perhaps is
a minority group, which should have 'special' syntax highlight bundles
which fit their needs.

As for the syntax highlight bundles with different background colours,
I'm all for it. I really don't like white backgrounds while coding, so
first thing I do when using a default bundle is converting it to black
backgrounds ;)
Perhaps we should setup a collection point so that everyone can send in
their adapted versions of the syntax highlight bundles. This is of course
meant as a temporary solution while Alan sorts out a proper one ;)

Jeroen.