[TxMt] Re: How About a Competition? (was: Textmate Icon proposal)

James Andrews jamesandrews at mac.com
Tue Nov 23 22:38:26 UTC 2004

I'm on about 83.4% ;-)

I think the current icon could definitely be improved, but I'm not keen
the cartoon hand/pencil.

The main problem with the current icon is that it looks fiddly and
undefined at a small size (which it tends to be on my dock) making it
hard to see what it is. Perhaps if it were stylised and abstracted
more, so it gave a similar sense without having so many small elements,
it would make a big difference and preserve the character/branding of
the product. Also the colours, while quite nice, are a bit murky and
exacerbate the problem. Again small changes here might make a
significant impact.

I vote for evolution not revolution.