[TxMt] Text selection

James Andrews jamesandrews at mac.com
Sun Nov 21 00:51:10 UTC 2004

Hi Allan et al,

I have a small request: Following the recent enhancement allowing you
to enlarge a selection by using shift in combination with the arrow
keys, it would be nice if similar behaviour was exhibited when using
the mouse.

To clarify, I'd like to be able to double click on a word, hold the
shift key and then single click outside the selection to enlarge it. At
present, when using the mouse rather than keys to enlarge the
selection, it always takes the start of the selection as the insert
point rather than switching the insertion point based on whether the
new selection point is before or after the current selection.

This means that trying to enlarge a selection by shift-clicking before
a selection actually results in removing the existing selection rather
than enlarging it.

Thank you for your time.
James