[TxMt] Different background color for comments

M Spreij nemo at mechintosh.com
Tue Nov 16 16:59:53 UTC 2004

Robert Occhialini wrote:
> Something I have become accustomed to in my Win32 text editor of choice
> (Homesite+) is customizing the syntax highlighting so that comments have
> a different (yellow) background color.
> Is there an easy way to do this?

Aye there is, this is near the start of my PHP syntax file (I'd tell you how
and why so but I only ever hacked around in those plist files so I'm better
of copy/pasting ;-)

    patterns = (
      /* comments */
      { name = "Comment"; begin = "/\\*"; end = "\\*/"; foregroundColor =
"#FF00FF"; backgroundColor = "#FFFFDC"; },

Regards,

     Martin