[TxMt] Dragging CSS Link Into XHTML Doc Doesn't Close Tag

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Nov 11 04:57:23 UTC 2004

On 10. Nov 2004, at 7:58, Chris Messina wrote:

> I noticed that when dragging a .css file into a transitional XHTML
> document, the link tag isn't properly closed. Just wondering if you
> could add doctype detection for drag-inserting links to files.

At present time I'll leave it to only look at the extension, but when
more info is available on Spotlight [1], this might be the solution to
extract such meta data from documents and use in a generic way (it even
has command-line integration).

I'm not in any Apple development program, so I don't know if Spotlight
will be up to the job, basically I'd like to run the importer on a
buffer (instead of a file), but I guess in practice I could always
temporarily save the file to /tmp and get the meta data from that file
instead -- and of course the HTML importer should have the DOCTYPE as a
meta data attribute, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Until Spotlight, I guess I can just add the inline close-slash in the
link tag of the default drag command, as that should be compatible with
normal HTML!?!

[1] http://developer.apple.com/macosx/tiger/spotlight.html