[TxMt] TextMate 1.1b1

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Dec 31 13:37:52 UTC 2004

I wanted to have a beta out before the new year, so it's now available
:) I'm 'announcing' it since it turns out the automatic version check
was broken around 1.0.2b8 or so, in that it doesn't schedule a check
before the preferences window has opened.

So just open the preferences, and you should be told about it (if beta
versions are included in the check).

This bug actually lead to interesting statistics, because I can
correlate number of downloads with number of version checks (based on
IP address) and estimate how many actually open the preferences, which
is ~25%.

Beta 1 is btw only a minor update, as December wasn't my most
productive month. But it does feature mode-dependent lookup for
snippets and macros, which I think is rather cool :)