[TxMt] tabs

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed Dec 29 23:54:43 UTC 2004

On Dec 27, 2004, at 21:05, Patrick Kelly wrote:

> I'd like to be able to set my "indentation level" to 4 and leave the
> tab stops at 8. [...]

I'm afraid I'm with Ryan on this one. I do see your problem though,
hopefully you can solve it with CVS wrappers.  I'll keep it in mind for
the future in case it should be easy for me to support, though most
likely via a hidden preference ;)

> Another item is that when I'm working in Tcl I want my indentation
> level to be 4 characters.  When working in PL/SQL I want it at 8.
> (Probably in C or C++ I'd want 2 or 3.)

In 1.1.x (not fully decided on which) it will be possible to apply
settings, styles, macros, snippets, commands etc. (for the latter,
mainly the trigger/key equivalent) to single language elements
addressed similar to how CSS selectors address HTML elements (that's
why I have the name in the syntaxes files) and with this will then be
the possibility for doing things like mode-specific settings.