[TxMt] new command: Universal Un/Comment (BBEdit-ish)

Chris Thomas chris at m-audio.com
Tue Dec 21 21:51:46 UTC 2004

On Dec 21, 2004, at 11:43 AM, Sune Foldager wrote:

> Long commands like this is what makes life easier with modes like e.g.
> emacs, where it would just be one command for each mode bound to the
> same place. The same can be done for compile/make/latex/whatever which
> is, in emacs, often bound to C-c C-c or similar :-).
Yes. Or, in a mode-based editor, you might have 'switched' variables
that could be bound to per-mode strings, so that the logic for a
command wouldn't necessarily need to be duplicated for each mode.
(You'd also want the ability to override the command on a per-mode
basis.)

It's not clear to me that a sophisticated mode implementation could be
based on raw shell script, though. Hard to do polymorphism in shell
script.

Chris