[TxMt] Markdown in Textmate

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Dec 16 16:58:27 UTC 2004

On Dec 16, 2004, at 17:07, Detlef Hoge wrote:

>> I assume you have markdown installed already!?!
> Sorry, no, that's my Problem. How can I install Markdown in Textmate?

Download the script from here:
http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/

It's a zip archive so you may need to unzip it with Finder (just double
click it).

It extracts a folder in which you can find 'Markdown.pl'. I suggest you
move this to ~/bin (you may need to create this folder).

Then in TextMate, as the command(s) you use: ~/bin/Markdown.pl

You can also open Terminal.app and paste the following five lines
(it'll download, expand, and install the script:

cd /tmp
curl -O http://daringfireball.net/projects/downloads/Markdown_1.0.zip
unzip Markdown_1.0.zip
mkdir ~/bin