[TxMt] Re: what's up with the wiki?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Dec 14 02:32:00 UTC 2004

On Dec 14, 2004, at 3:04, Brian Lalor wrote:

I'm cc'ing the mailing list for this one.

> A note I made atop the XSLT node and my entire [[Brian Lalor]] node
> have been nuked.  Should I take it personally?  Perhaps it's time to
> implement a more robust wiki, a la Confluence ($$) or SnipSnap?

David finally found the time to merge the rollback patch into instiki
but in the process zapped all pages from after november the 5th
(apologies on his behalf for not updating the wiki with this info).

I have a backup of all the current pages, so they are not lost -- but
there is no easy way to import them, so I do think this is the chance
to move to another wiki.

I have no experience with other wiki software, a few things that would
be nice:
  o run under apache (to allow for robots.txt and fine-masked
authentication)
  o some wiki-spam prevention
  o page history with rollback of course ;)
  o would be preferable if the syntax is textile for compatibility
    o and preferable also if it can import pages easily

If there are any suggestions, it would be nice to know how they fit
with the above requests.