[TxMt] Column typing

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon Dec 13 11:03:42 UTC 2004

On Dec 13, 2004, at 11:13, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> [...] I also found a picture of the original G5 keyboard layout [...]
> it seems they either changed it and did not update their documents or
> you got a European version. (Bit odd they don't document those
> keyboards for developpers either).

Ah yes, seems there is an ANSI, ISO, and JIS variant (of the intl.
layout). I found this (about the ISO variant):

    Differences from the ANSI keyboard:
     o The ISO keyboard has an extra key between
       the left shift key and the Z key.
     o The arrangement of the return key and the
       backslash key differs.
     o The key labeling differs: most keys have
       symbolic labels, instead of text labels.

I'm puzzled by the ANSI keyboard showing 'delete' as label on what I've
always thought was called the backspace key. Maybe that explains why
delete results in (if anything) a backspace in most terminals ;)