[TxMt] Column typing

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Mon Dec 13 08:42:52 UTC 2004

On 13-12-2004 03:55, Chris Thomas wrote:

> That's "option," for us Mac users. :)

For reasons I still cannot comprehend, Apple decided that European users
need an unusual keyboard configuration.

I have a powerbook and its keyboard does not say "option" on the 'alt'
key. Instead it has some undeciferable figure on it that should mean
"option". So I'm sorry I called it the 'alt' key, but I forgot the proper
name at the time. ;-)

Jeroen.

PS: Other noticeable differences: the ` is located to the left of the Z
(there's a §/± key where it should be, which I've never used until now)
and the return key is a slim vertical key that requires a lot of practice
to hit and you always end up hitting the edge of the keyboard instead.

Oh, and it costs $100 and about 5 weeks to get a 'normal' keyboard.