[TxMt] Trouble with "open all" .txt files with TextMate

Simon Dorfman EmailLists at SimonDorfman.com
Fri Dec 10 22:01:17 UTC 2004

Hello,
I'm trying to open all .txt files with TextMate.  In the finder, I select a
.txt file, hit Control+i to get info.  Then I select TextMate as the app to
open it with, then I click "Change All".  After clicking "Change All"
TextMate disappears as the "Open With" app and is replaced by the text: "Not
applicable".  If I close the info box and double click on the .txt file, I
get this error: "The operation could not be completed. An unexpected error
occurred (error code -10660)."  If TextMate is already open, a double click
on the file in the Finder opens fine.  But if TextMate is closed, it shows
this error.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I think it may have been caused by renaming the beta versions of TextMate to
names like "TextMate1.01b3".  Maybe the Finder got confused about which app
was THE TextMate to open with.  I now only have the newest 1.02 version in
the Apps folder.

Any help much appreciated.  Thanks.

Simon