[TxMt] file drawer glitches

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Dec 10 15:38:27 UTC 2004

On Dec 10, 2004, at 14:41, Sam Andrews wrote:

> a couple of glitches i've noticed:
>
> - groups/folders sporadically collapse themselves

Which version are you using? If too much changes outside TextMate then
it may lose the mapping between loaded/known folders and those on disk,
and will collapse them as a result (since it's basically just
re-reading the structure from disk) -- in v1.1 I may instead place
hidden files in the folders similar to .DS_Store files to keep info
about various states, though I'm not sure how well received this will
be (though it'll only be for when the state is different than the
default state, so it shouldn't spew out as many files as e.g. the
Finder does when browsing a network mounted drive).

> - file list doesn't always live update - ie after a rename. doing a
> "show info" on a folder appears to fix this, but collapses the view.

It only checks for changed files when you re-activate TextMate, but
when you do, it should find (and update) all changed files.

I'm looking into using kqueue in the future for instant file updates.