[TxMt] Learn Word

Joshua DiMauro jdimauro at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 03:26:01 UTC 2004

On Dec 9, 2004, at 5:59 AM, Justin French wrote:

>>> Having them in the Contextual Menu is nice
>>
>> But is there any apps which does it?
>
> Apple's Mail.app does it :)

I just made an informal survey:

The "Learn" function in the contextual menu appears in XJournal,
Safari, SubEthaEdit,  and likely any app that uses (I'm guessing here)
the standard Cocoa text field. It seems to come with the "Spelling,
Font, Speech" submenus. I'm guessing that, since TextMate has lots of
new stuff in its text field, you've rolled your own. Thus, the standard
"spell checker" options do not magically appear. Or something. :)

Given the level of additional functionality you've brought to text,
that's an acceptable trade-off IMHO. Unless you find an easy way to
hook that in, in which case it would be a nice addition.
--
Josh