[TxMt] Three requests

Normand Mousseau nmousseau at mac.com
Thu Dec 9 13:56:27 UTC 2004

On Wednesday, December 08, 2004, at 06:19PM, Allan Odgaard <allan at macromates.com> wrote:
Ah, but macros do not require you to write any code.

>Try this (menu choices):
>  Automation -> Start Macro Recording
>  Edit -> Select -> Line
>  Edit -> Cut
>  Automation -> Stop Macro Recording
>
>Now you have a macro that cuts the current line. You can then select:
>  Automation -> Save Scratch Macro
>
>Name it ?Yank? and press ctrl-y while in the key equivalent field. Then
>you can use ctrl-y to cut the current line.
>
>Remember that TextMate has clipboard history, so while this doesn't
>append to the kill buffer (as I think emacs do) you can still paste
>previous cuts by using Paste Previous.

I have followed your instructions (and, indeed, macros are easy to set up).

I get the line to be cut, no problem. However, the cut-line is not pasted into the clipboard.

If I perform each of the steps of the macro, the text of the line is placed in the clipboard and I can recover it with Paste command.

However, if I run the macro, then I do not manage to find the text cut. I have look arond with paste, paste previous and paste next, but to no avail. Any idea as to why ?

(I still think that since the behaviour of ctrl-k/ctrl-y is already implemented by defaut on the Mac, it would be preferable to transfer that to textmate -- although, I suspect that there is a good reason why it has not been done).

Normand