[TxMt] b10 Thanks

Chris Messina factoryjoe at factorycity.net
Wed Dec 8 18:36:11 UTC 2004

Allan,

> Added a dock menu with New, New Project, and Open….

Thanks so much for adding this! Certainly one of the features I
personally missed from SubEthaEdit. With that said, I wonder if it might
make sense to make the menu more consistent with SEE? For instance, SEE
has "New File" instead of "New". They also use "Open file..." instead of
"Open.." IMHO, I think that SEE's wording/ellipses choices look better,
but that may be familiarity talking.

> The Text -> Change sub menu now also appears in the context menu (when
> there is a selection). Also, suggestions for spellings no longer
> appear if the selection contain newlines or tabs (previously it only
> looked at spaces).

This is also a welcome change. However, I think that instead of
"Change", which is ambiguous, you should use "Convert" or "Format" as in
the attached Service menus.

Thoughts?

Chris

--

Do the evolution. Get Firefox!
<http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliates&id=5&t=4>

Quote of the moment: /If you can't describe what you are doing as a
process, you don't know what you're doing./— W. Edwards Deming