[TxMt] feature request: timeout on highlighting

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Dec 4 15:12:12 UTC 2004

On Dec 4, 2004, at 12:13, Brian Lalor wrote:

> It's not exactly lightweight; I'd think I'd prefer to see a more
> flexible folding-marker system that would allow me to define pairs of
> start/end markers.  That keep blocks like
> 	<!--
> 	--%>
> from getting folded.

Yes, I'm looking into that. The reason why only one set of patterns and
indent was used mainly has to do with Ruby where you can e.g. have:

    class foo
       def bar
          if something
          end
       end
    end

I.e. all “pairs” having identical end-marker. But it's not unlikely
there'll just be a few “systems” to choose from in the future.