[TxMt] Feature Relocation Request

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Dec 4 01:01:56 UTC 2004

On Dec 3, 2004, at 11:55, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

>> I do like the indented paste feature but find that it's one of the
>> features that I'm constantly turning on and off, depending on what
>> I'm working on. It would be nice if this feature were moved out of
>> the preferences and back into the Text menu where's it more readily
>> accessible.

Initially that was the reason behind having the behavior menu with
shortcuts, but I guess I was mislead by the vocal minority  -- I'm also
getting requests for reinstating some of the view menu stuff...

But a valid concern raised with the menu shortcuts is that the bar is
apparently overflowing on small displays. Does anyone have an idea of
how many pixels I can reasonable expect to use for my menu bar?

> On that note I would request that tab size setting be moved to the
> preference window. I don't know about you guys, but I almost never
> change that setting... So having that setting in the menu (even with
> key shortcuts!) is a bit overkill for me.

I do -- when I receive alien sources I need to figure out which tab
size they used, it's almost always 4 or 8, and I use 3 myself. so
having the shortcuts is nice.