[TxMt] feature request: timeout on highlighting

Brian Lalor blalor at bravo5.org
Thu Dec 2 13:23:26 UTC 2004

I just opened a 1.5M XML document in TM.  My XML syntax isn't all that
lean, and it takes a while for TM to highlight everything and become
responsive.  Currently, I do not know of any way to open a file without
syntax highlighting.  That'd be one nice thing to have... The other
would be for TM to pop up a little dialog if highlighting hasn't
completed after, say, 10 seconds and give the option to abort the open,
continue highlighting (until done), or open without highlighting.

--
    __   ____
   / /  / __/ Brian Lalor
  / _ \/__ \  blalor at bravo5.org