[TxMt Plugins] Dialog Plugin: HTMLTip problem

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Mon Sep 24 13:10:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

some days ago I downloaded the Ciarán Walsh's code for the new HTMLTip.
I compiled it and I had the problem that:

[webView stringByEvaluatingJavaScriptFromString:@"return
document.body.offsetHeight + document.body.offsetTop;"];

returns always (null) regardless of the JavaScript, meaning I 'saw'
the tooltip with the content size 0,0.
If I set height and width by hand the dialog runs fine.

Then I tried it out on my good old G4 iMac and it works perfectly !?

The only difference between both Macs is Safari. On my G4 I run
Safari 2.0.4, and on my new Mac I run Safari 3.0.3. After reading a
bit I guess that the problem only occurs if one has installed Safari
3.x. With the new Safari version it also comes a new WebKit version.

Up to now I didn't find a solution for that.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Hans