[TxMt Plugins] Dialog API improvements

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Fri Sep 21 07:21:36 UTC 2007

HI,

OK, let me ask: Who are writing a tm_dialog command? I guess the
majority of user is more or less skilled in writing source code. So,
the 'old-fashioned' way by using argument options should not be a
problem.

The only thing to do is to name these options more consistently.

OLD:
  -e, --alert
  -u, --menu
  -a, --async-window

  -c, --center
  -d, --defaults
  -n, --new-items
  -m, --modal
  -p, --parameters
  -q, --quiet

  -l, --list-windows
  -t, --update-window
  -x, --close-window
  -w, --wait-for-input

NEW:
  -s, --show <InlineMenu,OpenPanel {<accessory view
nib>},RequestString,Alert,MyNIB,HTMLToolTip,InteractivePopUp...> => sync
  -i, --init <nib_file> => async

  -c, --center
  -d, --defaults <plist>
  -n, --new-items <plist>
  -m, --modal
  -p, --parameters <plist>
  -q, --quiet

  -l, --list-windows <token>
  -r, --refresh-window <token>
  -k, --kill-window <token>
  -w, --wait-for-input <token>

Note for options -s: if the first argument is a system panel like
Open, Save, ColorPicker, etc. check whether it follows a nib file for
the accessory view.

This would have the advantages that you can use both argument
structures, meaning the backwards compatibility would be solved, and
it would be easy to expand the existing source code.

Hans