[txmt-dev] Declaring imported UTIs from tmBundle?

Per Persson persquare at mac.com
Mon May 16 21:25:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

IIRC there was a discussion a couple of years ago about letting TM declare imported UTIs. Does anyone know the current status?

It would be really nifty to be able to make OS X treat custom file types as public.source-code (rather than public.data, public.item) so that they would be indexed and available for quicklook. Particularly so for tmBundles that provide a grammar for some obscure scripting language that Apple wouldn't touch with the far end of a remote controlled stick and that doesn't have a dedicated app to declare the UTI. (I'm aware that I could write a dummy app to do that, but it just too ... hacky)

/Per