[txmt-dev] Re: Split Views Implementation

Steven Clukey saclukey at live.com
Tue Jan 6 03:23:30 UTC 2015

On Jan 3, 2015, at 4:24 AM, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> Sure, here's how it looks when it's active [1] and here when it's inactive [2]. I highlighted the edges that are missing the border.
>
> I suspect that the left border of the gutter is usually handled by the window or file browser border. And the bottom border of the status bar is handled by the window border.

I believe that white line is the NSSplitView divider. That must be simply the style in 10.10, because here is what it looks like on my 10.9:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11625141/textmate_splits_inactive.png

> That's quite a complicated hotkey, at least for a Swedish keyboard. I would have expected one or two modifier keys + the arrow keys. Perhaps those are all occupied for other things.

I do believe all the arrow key combinations are taken, lest I missed one. I picked the current combination because, on US keyboard, it is the same as selecting the previous/next tab plus the option key. But if there is another hotkey that you think would work better then I’m open to the suggestion.

Steven Clukey