[txmt-dev] scm/git test errors in build

Eduardo Francos efrancos at efrancos.com
Wed Jun 25 12:20:41 UTC 2014

Hi,
I've freshly cloned the textmate project and am having problems building it.
The problems relate to the scm git tests which fail systematically. I put the ninja command in a loop until the only thing remaining are those tests, but it still doesn't build the TextMate application.
Strangely enough, each time I run the build the tests that fail are different, but they are all in Frameworks/scm/tests/t_git.cc
I believe my git installation (tried versions 2.0.0 and Apple's 1.8.5.2) is OK because I use it daily for other projects.

I've searched all over, including the mailing lists archives but haven't found a solution yet. I tried "scm/coerce" hoping it would mark all tests OK, but that doesn't help either.
I finally commented out all the tests in t_git.cc and of course now it works :-)

As apparently I'm the only one with this problem I suppose there must be something simple I'm missing :-(
I've attached the log of the last build in case it gives someone a clue.

Thanks for any help
Gualo