[txmt-dev] Re: Implementing inline marks

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Aug 30 10:05:07 UTC 2014

On 2014-08-30 08:22, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> I’m not too fond of this because I don’t see a big need for multiple
> marks for the same position, and by going with position → (string,
> vector of strings) we tax everything with a more complex data type,
> rather than tax the special case (which could store multiple messages
> for the same position using a delimiter like the ASCII record or unit
> seperator).

If a string is used and a delimiter to separate the messages, how would
I render that? Currently if there are multiple message for a single line
each message is drawn on its own line. That means I need to split the
string on the delimiter? I also need to do that every time because I
don't know if the string contains delimiters. Doesn't sound very
efficient to me.

> Marks can be set for a certain column on a line, so if we have messages
> for different columns in the same line, we can already store that with
> the simple position → string data type.

They can do that already?

--
/Jacob Carlborg