[txmt-dev] Re: Not relaunch TM after a build

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Apr 12 11:11:22 UTC 2014

On 2014-04-11 23:20, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> There is code completion on option-escpae (for Cocoa and the standard
> C/C++ library).

As you say that doesn't work for any other code. I also assume it will
just list all methods matching a string, regardless if they're available
or not for a given instance. It will most likely not know anything about
the context to give more accurate completion results.

> For go to definition: I define all functions with a space after the name
> and call them without such space.
>
> That means if I have foo() then I can search for ‘foo (’ via ⌘E, ⇧⌘F and
> then ⌘1-n for the n’th match. Perhaps a dedicated Go to Definition would
> be faster, but I tend to use variations of this to gather info (in this
> case the find window’s “Copy Matching Parts” is gold). For Objective-C
> methods, a similiar approach can be used by prefixing the method with ‘)’.

Seems like big hack. But if you're satisfied with that that's good. I
use TextMate for other languages, like Ruby, D, Rails and other
scripting languages.

--
/Jacob Carlborg