[txmt-dev] Re: Not relaunch TM after a build

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Apr 9 06:26:55 UTC 2014

On 09/04/14 02:35, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Running “ninja” with no arguments builds the default target, which is
> “TextMate/run”.

Aha, I didn't know TextMate/run was the default target.

> Not sure what other stuff you wish to build.

I don't know how the build system works, that's why I'm asking :)

> Building? As in, you wrapped the ninja build command in an Xcode
> project? Or that you use the Xcode editor and build from terminal? If
> you do the latter then I’m curious as to why that is preferable over
> using TextMate.

I build it from within Xcode. I have a Xcode project with two targets.
One which is an external build system, I've set that to run ninja. The
other one is a dummy target to get autocompletion, go to definition and
similar features working.

Instead of running the default target when building, I want to
separately run TextMate from within Xcode, to take advantage of the
debugger.

The reason for using Xcode is to get these features that TextMate
doesn't have: proper autocompletion, go to definition and others.

These are incredibly useful features for a code bases I'm not familiar with.

--
/Jacob Carlborg