[txmt-dev] Problems compiling Textmate 2

Alex Reynolds alexpreynolds at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 08:18:50 UTC 2013

On my OS X 10.8.2 system running Xcode 4.6, clang 4.2 and gcc 4.7.2 (universal), I installed dependencies (ninja, ragel, boost, multimarkdown, mercurial, proctools) and cloned a copy of the textmate.git, as well as updated the modules:

$ sudo port install ninja ragel boost multimarkdown mercurial proctools
$ git clone https://github.com/textmate/textmate.git
$ cd textmate
$ git submodule update --init

No problems so far, but I then tried to run ./configure, and I ran into the following error:

$ sudo ./configure
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
mktemp: too few X's in template ‘bundles’
skip ‘Apache’ (org.textmate.updates.default) -- already installed
skip ‘XML’ (org.textmate.updates.default) -- already installed
Downloading... Done!
gnutar: : Cannot chdir: No such file or directory
gnutar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Is there something more I need to do to get the build process started? Thanks for your advice.

Regards,
Alex