[txmt-dev] Re: Click on file one by one in file browser should preview content in one *same" temporary window.

Sat Sep 1 22:24:02 UTC 2012

On Sep 1, 2012, at 3:54 PM, jason chen <janckerchen at gmail.com> wrote:

>  • click a file, hit space, preview popped, it's not bad so far.
>  • move cursor up and down over files in file browser, I expect preview change as in finder, but no, because file browser has lost focus.

This is a present shortcoming of the implementation since it was done before there was public Quicklook API, I expect this to improve down the line so that arrow keys can be used while the preview pane is up.

> […]
> Another drawback is QuickLook doesn't work with some file type, such as Makefile, *.cmak, they are all simple text file.

You can add viewers to Quicklook. One based off the TextMate code base seems destined to happen.